To read about the current restrictions visit our news article Dental visits during Lockdown 6.0 in Victoria.
As of Monday 27th April, dental practices can resume Level 2 services, and are no longer in Level 3 Restrictions. Level 2 Restrictions means we can deliver extra services.
It’s great news for dentists, our staff, and all our lovely clients. In addition to emergency services, we will be providing all general dental services which are unlikely to generate aerosols.
Dental services during Level 2
The services we will start providing include:
- Simple non-invasive fillings without the use of high-speed handpieces
- Some non-complex restorative procedures
- Non-surgical extractions
- Hygiene visits (with hand scaling only)
- Medical management of soft tissue presentations, such as ulcers
- TMJ dysfunction management
- Denture procedures
- Preventative procedures such as the application of topical remineralising agents, such as fluoride
- Orthodontic assessment and treatment
Drilling and highly invasive oral surgeries, or treatment requiring the use of aerosols, unless urgent, will still need to be delayed.
Dental appointments during Level 2
If you have an appointment booked with us in the coming weeks, we will call you to confirm the appointment time.
If you’ve missed an appointment, we will be contacting you in the coming days to reschedule.
Please continue to stay safe and maintain your good social distancing habits. Barbs and Dee will be available to take enquiries regarding your dental concerns and whether we can recommence your treatment now.
Our practice will resume regular operating hours as of Monday the 27th April. We are looking forward to seeing your beautiful smile soon.
To find out more about how we are managing Level 2 restrictions, visit our News post Keeping you safe at the dentist during Level 2 restrictions.