Our priority is keeping you and our staff safe and healthy.
In light of the growing concerns with community transmission of COVID-19, we are following the recommendation from the Australian Dental Association Victorian Branch (ADAVB) that dental practices move back to Level 2 restrictions.
Dental services during Level 2 restrictions
The services we will continue to provide include:
- Simple non-invasive fillings without the use of high-speed handpieces
- Some non-complex restorative procedures
- Non-surgical extractions
- Hygiene visits (with hand scaling only)
- Medical management of soft tissue presentations, such as ulcers
- TMJ dysfunction management
- Denture procedures
- Preventative procedures such as the application of fluoride
- Orthodontic assessment and treatment
Drilling and highly invasive oral surgeries, or treatment requiring the use of aerosols, unless urgent, will need to be delayed.
Dental appointments during Level 2 restrictions
If you have an appointment booked with us in the coming weeks, we will call you to confirm the appointment time, or to reschedule.
Our practice will maintain normal operating hours during this time. Oakleigh is not in a designated hotspot zone; however, we will continue to monitor the local COVID-19 situation and keep you updated with any further changes.
If you are concerned about being in lockdown, and your journey to and from your dental appointment, be assured that dental services are considered an ‘essential service’, and we can provide you with confirmation of your appointment.
Please continue to stay safe and maintain your good social distancing habits. Dee and Francesca are available to take enquiries regarding your dental concerns.