Keeping you and our dental staff safe during this period remains one of our highest priorities. We have implemented additional cleaning and social distancing measures across the dental practice to provide you with security and peace of mind right now.
Our practice is QIP certified, which is an Australian Dental Association approved voluntary certification. The certification aims “to promote continuous quality improvement, implementation of best practice systems and processes, and reductions to clinical and business risk.”
Our extensive cleansing and sterilising procedures apply to every workspace and desktop in our practice. All surfaces in the surgery rooms will be wiped over in between patient visits.
These safety measures are in the best interests of everyone; however, precaution is still our best option. If you have any slight symptoms of a temperature, coughing, or sneezing, please do not enter the practice.
Taking care of you as you wait for your dental appointment.
Our appointments will be spaced further apart to ensure adequate time for cleaning the surgeries after each patient, which will also reduce the number of patients waiting at any one time for their appointment. To help us manage the social distancing requirements, we request that:
On arrival to your dental appointment
- Remain in your car and call to let us know you are here. We will notify you when it is safe to come in for your appointment. You are welcome to use the bathroom during this time;
- Each person to enter the practice must apply the hand sanitiser provided at reception. This includes both children and adults;
- Toys and magazines have been removed from the waiting room;
- We ask that only essential people arrive for a visit. Ie. Adult or carer only. If possible, please keep children without appointments at home.
During your dental appointment
- The use of drills and other aerosol producing equipment will be minimised during your treatment. We will adapt our services to meet your dental needs best;
- Protective glasses -you are welcome to wear your own sunglasses or other glasses during this period.
After your dental appointment
- Please maintain safe social distancing with our staff as you exit the practice;
- Apply hand sanitiser every time you approach the front desk;
- Please tap your own cards for payment;
- Please refrain from touching your face until you are home and have thoroughly washed your hands with soapy water;
- If you display any COVID-19 related symptoms within 72 hours of leaving the practice, please notify us immediately.
In the event that we have treated a COVID-19 patient, the practice will be closed immediately and deep cleansed as per ADA guidelines. All staff will quarantine for 14 days, and the dental practice will remain closed in line with ADA recommendations.
If you have any questions relating to the above, please do not hesitate to ask us.
Thank you for your commitment to keeping all of us safe.
To find out about the services we are offering during Level 2 restrictions, visit our News post ADA says dentists can return to Level 2 restrictions.