Taking care of our teeth is something that takes a lifetime of workâand as with anything, you get out what you put in! Practicing proper oral health habits every day can help keep your teeth healthy and even prevent future problems.
What are some of the best ways to ensure you stop oral health issues before they arise? Continue reading to find out.
- Drink waterâa lot of it! Water isnât just the best beverage for your overall health, itâs also the best for your oral health. Drinking water after every meal can help rinse away left behind debris that might be sticky or acidic.
- Donât forget your tongue. Did you know that plaque buildup can happen on your tongue? This can lead to unpleasant breath and other oral health problems. Brush your tongue gently each morning and night.
- Always brush before bed. While itâs equally important to brush in the morning as well, brushing before bed is a necessity to rid your mouth of unnecessary bacteria or leftover food from the day before you fall into an eight-hour slumber.
- Donât make flossing difficult. For young children and older adults, flossing might be hard. However, consider getting a ready-to-use dental flosser from your local supermarket.
- Visit our practice at least twice each year. Even if you practice perfect oral health habits, itâs still important to make routine care with us a regular part of your maintenance. Weâll give your teeth an in-depth cleaning as well as an exam to rule out any dental problems that may be on the rise.
If itâs time for your next visit, give us a call.
For more information regarding tooth health, read our page on dental check ups.